12 October 2007

Friday it is

This morning I found myself checking on the various blogs of our different friends and catching up on the past week's happenings and so forth. As I was reading various comments and observing adorable pictures of dogs, babies and families, I found myself getting a little sentimental.

I know we all realize this (maybe not as often as we should), but we live in such a magnificent world and are so blessed. Sure there are grave social, economic, and political issues in our communities, nation, and world that are certainly unsettling. However, I still believe that good prevails and many of us are all richly blessed beyond measure.

There certainly are trials and struggles that each of us and our families are facing . . . and will continue to face. But when compared to what God has provided, the opportunities He has put before us time and time again, the love and support of our parents, siblings, animals, friends, co-workers, the small kindnesses shown by complete strangers, and the beauty of nature . . . these burdens don't even stand a chance.

As Friday comes and goes and we find ourselves in the midst of my favorite season and time of year, I wish you a weekend where the stresses in life may be forgotten or pushed aside for a brief moment. Instead I wish you a weekend in which the "little" things in life shine . . . whether it is taking five minutes to enjoy the sunset and the brisk autumn air, enjoying the toothless grin of a precious baby, throwing a ball for a dog and appreciating his/her enthusiasm for the chase and catch, taking time for a walk or a jog and being thankful for the ability to be healthy enough to get outside and participate in this type of activity, telling your spouse or someone you care about how much they mean to you with a glance, hug or a kiss, you get the point . . .

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mandy Slye said...

You don't know me, but my name is Mandy Slye. I went to high school with Shawn and Allison. I check your blog regularly and enjoy reading about your many trips and events! I was so touched by your post this morning. I think you really nailed it! I wish you luck with the remainder of your pregnancy. I have a little boy myself and he is such a precious gift! Have a great weekend and thanks again!

The Cains said...

Summer,

You said it all!!! Thanks girl-I too hope you have a weekend full of the "small things" in life.

Much love,
Meg

Heather said...

so sweet. thanks for the cry. hope you guys have a great weekend.