these pics are in reverse chronological order from yesterday . . . actually, they are in no order, nevermind.
bath time cuteness. this is the softest, snuggliest towel I've ever felt. it was a gift from our cousin, Gail Davis (another "Davis" . . . going back to Henry's namesake . . . Davis is my father's middle name and my paternal grandmother's maiden name). I think she purchased it at Three Sheets in Homewood-I would highly recommend it! A favorite!
oh my cheeks
Daddy Jim came to visit and brought H his very first baseball. He is working with Henry on holding it. Henry has a great grip once he gets a hold of something (especially hair and necklaces).
what a great picture!

ha! this picture makes me laugh
scared of the camera?
bobble head
first ball
Henry is over 14 pounds these days and doesn't miss a meal. He is getting longer and longer too. He is still a happy baby unless he's tired, hungry or needs to be changed. He is an excellent sleeper (is consistently sleeping 11 hours at night), for which we are extremely thankful, and he likes his routine/schedule. We credit this to being blessed with a laid back baby and to implementing the theories presented in the book, Babywise. For you new mothers and mothers to be, I would strongly recommend the book Babywise, by Gary Ezzo. It works . . . and not just on "laid back" babies, but on babies with all types of personalities. Thank you Shannon and Jeff!Henry loves to be out and about; I guess he gets that from his parents. He is starting to grab and hang on to things if you put something close to his hands. Then he brings it right to his mouth. He has not been enjoying tummy time as much as he used to for some reason. He is showing no interest in rolling over, but can turn his hips as if he were about to, it's his shoulder he can't tuck under yet to complete the roll. He is smiling non-stop and now laughing a lot as well. He is quite ticklish! I know I sound like a broken record, but we just love him so. He is such an absolute joy. I never dreamed I would be so excited each and every day to do such routine "things" with him such as get him up in the mornings, feed him, play with him, rock him, hold him, you name it. And I know I can speak for Gary in saying he feels the exact same way. What an amazing journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment