21 September 2008

a sentimental heirloom

this is the first of three posts on the same day - catching up!
when my dad was growing up he was very close to one of his elementary school teachers, a lady whom we called Naneen. She was like a second mother to him and when we (the four of us Edmondson children) were growing up, Dad would always take us to visit Naneen so we could get to know her as well. She was a very kind and hardworking woman; she and I had a special bond. When she passed away, she left my Dad her antique dining room suit, buffet, and an antique high chair that Naneen's family used during her childhood. After leaving Savannah, I moved to Birmingham and Dad gave me the dining room suit and buffet. They are very dear pieces to me. Recently, my mom found a person to re-work the high chair that had been somewhat damaged from the various moves of our family. My mom brought the finished high chair down to us this weekend and we were able to use it for the first time. It is truly a unique and beautiful piece! And, Henry seemed to really enjoy having his own little place to sit. I am thrilled we found someone to fix it and that we are able to use this extraordinary chair for generations to come.





is it just me or does Henry look older than eight months in this picture?!

2 comments:

The Solomons said...

It's not just you, he looks likes he's a year old! And I love the chair!

The Cains said...

It's not just you--he looks like he's already turned one! What a cutie pie. I love furniture with a history--I'm so glad y'all are able to use it. We love ya'll!