new look for an old blog ... no surprise it is green and brown, ha ha.
I wanted to test posting pictures in a larger image ... I know I just posted this pic, but it is even better in a larger size, provided Henry's teeth don't scare anyone. happy henry ... and he usually is just that. don't get me wrong, he can have his moments, but they usually pass pretty quickly. as my sister has taught me, distraction is a marvelous concept! :)
on to flying furniture ... so I must share a funny experience. most of you already know about this strange phenomenon of flying furniture being able to find me, but some of you may not. to catch you up ... when I was in 11th grade, we (the SGA) were having a car wash to raise money for our school. a friend of mine and I were standing in the median strip of a 4 lane road holding up car wash signs on a windy virginia spring day. the next thing I know I had flipped over the guard rail and was out cold on my back in the middle of the grassy part of the median strip. turns out a sectional sofa, improperly secured in the back of a pickup truck driven by a mr. luis garcia, was picked up by the wind and thrown from his truck where it struck me, threw me over that guard rail, and ultimately ended up in the grass as well. a couple of broken ribs and lots of bruises later, I thought it was just a mere accident.
however ... not so fast my friend. about three months later one sunday morning I was driving to church and a mattress flew off the back of a truck from the vehicle in front of me and struck the hood of my car. my freshman year at auburn, I was driving down opelika road and an arm chair just happened to fly off a truck and land about 2 feet from the car. when I lived in savannah, ga after I graduated from Auburn, it was another mattress that flew out and hit the front of my car. when I was moving from savannah back to alabama, it was a love seat that flew out of a truck in front of me and landed (thankfully) in the emergency lane of the interstate.
needless to say when trucks loaded down with furniture are anywhere close when I am driving I definitely get nervous and try to get around them as quickly as possible. this magnetism to flying furniture sounds crazy, I know, and it certainly is, but it is all true, I promise.
its been a while since the craziness has happened. I thought maybe I'd experienced the last of it. last week marked the furniture's return. the latest continuation of the saga ends in an nice sized, comfy looking arm chair flying out of a truck well in front of me (or so I thought) on annalue drive here in auburn, and the chair landing about 3 feet from the from left corner of the hood of my car. this time I kept driving and tried my best to laugh. I mean, seriously, what is the deal!?!?
anyway, there is your laugh for the day. anytime you need a pick me up, just think about the girl who attracts flying furniture of all shapes and sizes. bizarr-o!
4 comments:
this is hilarious. i didn't know that about you. i think i like you even more now.
could you come to birmingham and maybe attract some new chairs for us????
hahahahaha...i'm glad you are okay!
That is too funny...sorry to hear the streak has not been broken, but glad to hear you are okay.
Post a Comment