14 October 2009

happy how-een & projects, projects

henry before school today, saying "happy how-een!" sweet story: when I picked him up from school today he had a substitute teacher visiting. she was holding henry and she proceeded to say, "I have three daughters and have truly never desired to have a boy. ever. until I met your son. henry is the sweetest and most wonderful little boy!"
ah, melted my heart and made my day~

henry's most recent art project ...
... and my most recent art project. in henry's "new room" will hang this collage. in our old guest bedroom we had this antique window hanging above the headboard with dried flowers on it. at holidays I would hang wreaths from it. i still really like this old window and was determined to find a way to use it in henry's new room. I wanted to enlarge some of the sunflower pictures from out at our land from this past summer - they are so cheerful, vibrant and colorful. then an idea struck ... I could use the old window as a frame for a collage. I'm so excited to display these photos AND be able to use the window. the picture of it really doesn't do it justice. to capture the pure essence of sweet henry, you have to see it and him in person. truly, you do.
he's one of a kind.




2 comments:

Katherine said...

Love the collage/windown idea and I have not seen those pictures. They look beautiful.

Katherine said...

Sorry that should have been "window". Mommie brain and fat fingers.